If you’ve ever found yourself stuck in the middle of building an app, you’re not alone. It’s not an easy task! Especially, when you build an online chat app, it is even more overwhelming to ensure that your app is not slow and stops working in the middle of a conversation.
This is where Web Chat APIs come in.
In this article, we’ll discuss with you about:
- 8 best chat APIs for your web apps.
- Key features you need to look for in a web chat API
- Where web chat APIs are commonly used these days
First, let me give a quick glimpse on what web chat API.
Table of Contents
What Is Web Chat API?
A Web Chat API is a tool that lets developers add chat functionality to their websites or apps. For example, it enables the integration of a real-time chat window, allowing users to engage in instant conversations without leaving the site.
08 Best Web Chat APIs For Enterprises
MirrorFly is a leading in-app communication SDK & API provider that offers 150+ chat, video and voice call features for web and mobile apps.
The highlight of MirrorFly is that it is the only provider that comes with both cloud and self-hosted chat solutions. You can choose the solution as per your requirements and build your web chat app within a short time.
Why Choose MirrorFly?
- 100% Customization: MirrorFly offers completely customizable messaging as well as video calling features for building web chat apps.
- Multi-tenancy support: If you choose to host your app on MirrorFly servers, you can leverage their multi-tenancy approach to maintain the conversation channels on your app.
- Scalability: Easily scales up to 1B+ conversations.
- Multi-Platform Support: MirrorFly ensures a consistent experience across various platforms.
- Security: Implements advanced security protocols with AES-encryptions, SSL, GDPR, HIPAA & OWASP.
- Reliability: Offers a reliable infrastructure for uninterrupted communication.
- 100% customization options
- Excellent scalability for growing user bases
- Twin model Deployment: Cloud/ Self-hosting flexibility
- On-screen recording of video calls unavailable
Stream is a powerful chat API designed for scalability, making it ideal for enterprise-level apps that require efficient real-time communication. Their key features include activity feeds and chat for web and mobile apps.
Why Choose Stream?
- Scalability: Easily accommodates a growing user base.
- Intuitive Design: User-friendly interface for seamless integration.
- Speed: Provides high-speed message delivery for real-time conversations.
- Reliability: Offers robust infrastructure for stable performance.
- Activity Feeds: Includes activity feeds for personalized user experiences.
- High-speed message delivery
- User-friendly API integration
- Reliable infrastructure
- Limited free-tier options
- Some advanced features may require additional configuration
- Pricing may be on the higher side for smaller businesses
Apphitect is the most developer-friendly chat API solution that is perfect for building in-app messaging features into any enterprise app. It lets you customize the messaging features as much as you need and ensures that the complete development process is smooth and quick.
Why Choose Apphitect?
- Feature-rich: Comprehensive set of features for diverse communication needs.
- Scalability: Adapts to the changing requirements of your growing enterprise/ business.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Ensures a consistent user experience across Android, iOS and web platforms.
- Easy Integration: User-friendly API for straightforward implementation.
- Security: Protects apps with end-to-end encryption protocols like AES-128 and SSL.
- Comprehensive feature set
- Scalable for enterprise growth
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Screen sharing unavailable
Sendbird is a popular chat API solution known for its ease of integration and powerful features, making it suitable for diverse enterprise apps. It is well known for its diverse range of features to integrate communication features on top of any technology that you prefer.
Why Choose Sendbird?
- Ease of Integration: Quick and seamless integration into existing apps.
- Feature Set: Robust set of features for enhanced communication experiences.
- Scalability: Easily scales to meet the demands of growing user bases.
- Community Support: Active community for assistance and best practices.
- Speed: Provides fast and reliable message delivery.
- Quick and easy integration
- Robust feature set
- Active community support
- Not budget-friendly for small-scale businesses
Twilio is a widely-used communication platform that offers a range of APIs, including chat. It is suitable for diverse enterprise communication needs because of its SIP & VoIP communication features along with programmable voice chat APIs.
Why Choose Twilio?
- Versatility: Provides various communication APIs in addition to chat.
- Scalability: Scales to accommodate the needs of growing enterprises.
- Integration Options: Integrates seamlessly with existing systems.
- Versatile communication platform
- Reliable infrastructure
- Some features requires improvement
Cometchat is a chat API solution designed to enhance real-time communication in various apps. It is one of the most flexible communication SDK providers that is easy to integrate on any industry-specific apps.
Why Choose Cometchat?
Features: Offers a variety of features for diverse communication needs.
User Engagement Tools: Includes tools for enhancing user engagement.
- Quick and easy integration
- Adaptable features
- The free-tier options are limited
PubNub is a real-time communication platform that offers chat APIs, catering to various enterprise communication needs with its reliable infrastructure.
Why Choose PubNub?
Real-Time Functionality: Ensures real-time message delivery for instant communication.
Online Presence Detection: Includes features for detecting user presence.
- Scales with your enterprise needs
- Tech support is a strength
- Complexities with understanding Docs
TalkJS is a versatile chat API that makes adding chat to your website simple and easy. With a focus on customization, TalkJS lets you build a seamless communication experience to your users with a diverse range of features and UI components.
Why Choose TalkJS?
- Ease of Integration: The SDKs offered by TalkJS are very easy to integrate and you can complete the entire web chat app development within a few hours.
- Customization: You can personalize the chat features as per your needs to deliver a consistent brand experience.
- User-Friendly Documentation: The docs provided by TalkJS are easy to follow.
- Quick integration
- Easy to follow docs
- Customization is limited
Real-time Web Chat: Market Trends & Statistics
What does the market trends state about the need for web chat for businesses?
Various research studies consistently project the immense potential of real-time web messaging services in reshaping business communication strategies. Here are a few of them.
First, Aircall’s 2018 survey highlights that a mere 17% of companies had, or were planning to integrate live web chat apps on their websites.
Next, according to a survey by Bold 360, a huge shift was recognized by 71% of businesses worldwide, emphasizing the need for online chat apps on websites.
The survey predicts that traditional communication channels would be overshadowed by chat solutions, positioning them as the primary mode of customer interaction by 2021.
And finally, a comprehensive study reveals that 87% of companies successfully connected web chat APIs to engage with web visitors in real time.
Among these companies, 61% acknowledged that real-time chat platforms for websites led to increased sales and conversions.
Additionally, 45% of businesses reported the ability to track visitors and initiate conversations, while 43% highlighted the enhanced customer support provided through web chat applications.
As these statistics indicate, adapting web chat solutions is not just an option, it’s a crucial step for businesses aiming to stay ahead in the dynamic landscape of customer interactions.
Now, Why Does Your Business Need A Web Chat App?
We could convince you with 100+ reasons, but here are some of the real-time examples of how web chats would impact your business growth.
- Instant Assistance for Enhanced Lead Generation & Sales
You’ve worked hard on your website to acquire potential clients. But if they don’t get the quick help they need, they’ll eventually leave your app.
EConsultancy found that 79% of smart businesses use chat APIs on websites to respond instantly.
With messaging, videos, and voice chats, you’re building an app. You’re connecting directly with your prospects, driving more sales to your business.
- Boosting Lead Generation & Sales with Web Chat Plugins
Ever wondered why people leave their shopping carts? Sometimes they need a little push.
These are not the only statistical records that describe the potential of web messaging service. Several such studies claim real time web messaging services will transform the businesses and their strategies of communicating with their clients. So, it is time to get ahead in the game! It is time to transform your business with the help of real time chat solutions!
Studies say 68 out of 100 visitors leave the shopping carts without buying the product.
But here’s the fix – an online chat app. Imagine a friendly chat or video popping up when they’re about to leave your app. Cool, right?
The best chat APIs alert you when a cart’s abandoned. You can shoot a quick automated message, solve any issues, and they might just finish that purchase. If not, use the info to bring them back with discounts.
2. Booking Sales Meetings with Real-time Chat
Not all businesses aim for online purchases. Some, especially property or vehicle buying businesses prefer using messaging or chat features on their websites.
These enable a customer to easily inquire about the real-estate or vehicle via chat or voice/ video calls, turning them into leads and potential buyers quickly.
3. Converting Subscribers to Customers with Web-based Chat Apps
After optimizing your website, building an audience, and providing key information, the challenge is converting subscribers into customers.
But, the key is adding a web-based chat to guide your subscribers throughout the customer journey on your website.
Include a chat option on your email landing page. This enables direct communication with your brand, making it easy for the users to connect with you, inquire and convert as a customer.
4. Real-time Customer Feedback and Engagement
You can also let users give real time feedback on your website.
This is an amazing way to track, analyze, structure and comprehend the various products and services you offer!
5. Virtual Reality and Real-Time Communication
There is no doubt that real time web chats are transforming the way businesses communicate. Yet you still feel that your business needs face to face communication.
The use of website chat video apps is on the rise as they are easy and very conveniently replacing person to person communication.
Moreover, it is also cost-effective and time-saving at the same time.
Key Features Of A Web Chat API
It is clear with the above-mentioned ways to transform businesses, companies certainly like instant messaging. But you must ensure that the web chat API you purchase must have the following features to ensure that your users have a smooth communication experience.
1. Topic-based Chat
First, what is Topic-based chat? This feature lets you categorize and organize user conversations, to connect individuals with shared interests and passions.
2. High-Quality Video Chat
Many web messaging services out there provide excellent video chat features, with options to share screen, mute/ unmute video, join via call links and enable speaking indicators.
3. Call Waiting
Eliminating customer wait times is crucial, especially during peak traffic hours. Web chat apps offer a solution to engage customers on hold effectively.
6. Chat Analytics
An analytics feature in your web chat app enables you to track the count of chats in real-time and monitor other important metrics. This lets you optimize your brand engagement strategy and enhance the overall efficiency of your app.
7. 100% Customization
The goal of customization is to create a consistent and professional image of the brand. And this extends to matching your website’s look and feel exactly the way you want.
You can also customize your web chat with 100+ UI elements to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.
8. End to End Encryption
End-to-end encryption on an online chat app uses a secret code instead of insecure plain text, enhancing the overall security of the communication.
Which Industries Use Web Chat?
Almost all the industries in the commercial market rely on user conversion and retention. In order to achieve this, businesses have started adding online chat as a part of their user engagement strategy.
Here are some examples:
1. Government and Public
Engage Sensitive & Confidential Interactions
The enterprise messaging solution is equipped with end-to-end encryption that enables government officials to connect with regional administration over virtual communication like video conferencing, private video calling, etc.
- Video conferencing
- Encrypted Messaging
- VoIP/SIP Calling
- Channel & Groups
2. Business & Corporate Sectors
Centralized Communication for the Entire Remote Team
With in-app chat integration on your web project management tools, track the progress of tasks, communicate with the team, host meetings, and collaborate effectively to enhance productivity.
- Host meetings
- Sync Active Directory
- Screen sharing
- Remote Team connectivity
3. Schools & Universities – Deliver Classroom-like Learning Experiences
Connect students, teachers and trainees virtually from any device. Deliver classroom-like teaching experience with real time and interactive whiteboard teaching.
- Whiteboard teaching
- Host seminars, webinars
- One-to-one virtual calling
- File sharing
4. Cryptocurrency Exchanges – Collaborate & Trade Virtual Cryptocurrency
Enables crypto profiles to connect for messaging and collaboration with authenticated registration. Provide built-in wallets for registered profiles to enable payments without the worry of third-party intervention.
- Virtual Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Profile chat
- Real-time market data share
- Create Groups & Channels
5. Travel & Tourism – Boost Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty with Virtual Connections
Integrate in-app chat into your tourism platforms to create a channel that enables your customers to communicate with the support team at any time and from any device.
- Real-time Chat with customers
- Virtual Support
- Be available 24×7
- Built-in Notifications
6. Broadcasting & Streaming – Chat Like a Pro on live & on-demand Streams
Deliver the utmost entertainment to every audience by allowing them to interact with friends & host during live events. Increase engagement with in-broadcast chat to increase broadcasters’ fandom.
- Profanity Filters
- Moderation controls
- Live Polls & Q&A
- Open & Private Channels
Thus, in this article, we discussed all about Web Chat APIs, the list of the best Web chat APIs, their key features and use cases. I hope this article gives you all the information you need before you decide to choose a web chat service for your business.
In my opinion I’d recommend you MirrorFly for its ease of integration and flexibility of deployment, and Sendbird for its many features.
If you’d like assistance or more detail on this further, you can comment down below or talk to our team.